Monday, August 23, 2010

My Health Stewardship 8.23.10

I must say I am really disappointed in the scale right now. In the last two weeks I have gained 11 pounds! I’m supposed to be going the other way! UGGGHHH! Can you say frustrating!?

So I admit I have been slightly confused. I received some information and watched a video on how carbs are good for us and how bad animal protein is for us. So I was considering going on a vegetarian and possibly vegan diet. I was really pumped for it actually. I talked with our group facilitator and if I have the surgery that won’t be possible. Due to the re-routing I need lots of protein and the only way to get that much protein is from animal protein. So prior to that I had been slowly adding carbs into my diet and reducing protein. Well apparently that is not working for me. So I am back to my plan when I was losing weight. High protein and low carbs. The other problem is I haven’t been doing as many shakes because I haven’t ordered anymore. So I will be placing an order tonight.

My exercise is lacking too. Mid-week last week I got this HUGE knot/cramp/excruciating pain in my knee and calf and could literally barely walk from point A to point B let alone get in some extra walking. I’m so frustrated at this point. I want to exercise but my knee is holding me back. So it is back to doing the wii sports and getting in anything extra I can.

I finally got the results of my x-rays on my knees and I have degenerative arthritis. I also have some bone spurs. Yes, it is most likely caused by my weight I understand this. No wonder my knees so hurt so much! So yet another reason for me to get this weight off. The good news is I start physical therapy on Wednesday. I am scared because I know they really work you and I don’t know if I am ready for that but as long as it makes my knee stronger and feel better in the long run then I am all for it!

I continue to focus on my goals. My big goal is going to Hawaii. When I lose all my weight (when I get to my goal weight of 200 that is) River is taking me to Hawaii. I continually imagine myself healthy looking and on the beach relaxing (extra skin and all). But it is something I definitely look forward too since I haven’t been there (I haven’t traveled much which is on my list of things to do once I am able).

I am considering getting a life coach. I had one once before for about 3 weeks and I did find it helpful. I think a life coach could help me focus on my goals and help me with my balance of life. If anyone has any recommendations they would be appreciated.

Thank you all for your love and support it is greatly appreciated. Don’t worry I haven’t given up and I know it is a new week and a new day, etc. But it is frustrating when you do think you are being “good” and don’t get those results. I also know that it has been quite warm so it could all be water weight (which is what my hope is). So let’s just hope next week I have a weight loss because I will be working extra hard for it this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment