Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Health Stewardship 8.3.10

Dear Friends and Family,



I am going to skip my video today because I am really tired and I am not feeling all that well. But I did want to give a brief update.


So I shockingly lost another 2 pounds. Now, I only say I am shocked because well to be honest… it is that time of the month (sorry guys) and I feel like I gained 500 pounds. Of course I am exaggerating but I felt sooooooo bloated! So I actually set myself up to expect a gain. In fact I usually look at my slip right away after it prints out (it prints out instead of display on the scale for confidentiality). I didn’t look at my slip until I got into the class and sat down and got settled. Then I had to do a double take and look at my notes where I keep my weekly weight. So I am SOOOOOOO happy about that. I did work very hard this week and was very conscious of what I put in my mouth plus I did some deliberate extra movement such as parking further away, despite the pain in my knee.

River (my hubby) was gone on a 4 day seminar and so I had a little bit of time to reflect on myself. It was good, I missed him but was able to get a some “me” time in. He had an amazing time and is a completely different person (in a good way). He was already supportive before but is even more so. In fact he is even going extreme as not eating beef anymore and wants to eat chicken and fish “on occasion”. This comes from a man who used to live for beef or meat in general. WOW! Also, no more coffee (for him) or cheese and lots of other things. It was a good seminar and even though I didn’t go I will have some benefits. I definitely would like to go the next time he is in town. P.S. He has a TV show on tonight called “Breakthrough with Tony Robbins” and it is on at 8 on NBC.

So I am definitely living in a supportive environment which is good for me. I am focusing on reaching my goals. I need to start setting other goals for myself now (other than just weight loss). I am working on balance actually and that is probably the hardest thing for me. My tree of life always has one branch about to snap because I put all my weight (effort and time) on that one branch and then the other branches sort of die. So I want all of my branches to be healthy and carrying me up and up and up.

I ask for your prayers to keep me going, keep me strong, and help me to focus on my balance. It is so very important for all of us to be balanced!
I will end it here as I promised to be brief but I do want to thank you all for your emails and your support. It means a lot to me even if I don’t always respond to every single one.
Have a good and balanced week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment