Monday, June 27, 2011

Trying to get into a routine

I am learning so much on my journey. The last few days have been interesting as I've woke up the last 2 days weak and dizzy and feeling like I am going to pass out. I figured I wasn't getting in enough liquid or protein so I increased that and I felt a little bit better today. I see my surgeon on Wednesday but I did decide to go ahead and call their office and talked with my surgeons nurse. She said I should now increase my liquids to get in as much as I can at least 60 ounces and I don't need to have a minimum per hour (as long as I don't get naseous). I also need to make sure one of my meals is a protein shake. So now I really have to be diligent and make sure I am continuosly drinking (still sipping because I can't take in a lot of water at a time). I am so happy I decided to take a 3rd week off work because honestly this routine is much harder than I thought. I still don't have it down. I am trying to prepare to go back to work next week and will hopefully find something to make it easier on myself so I don't get caught up in working and forget to take my sips.
This truly is like starting over but the difference is I have preprogrammed actions already, if only I had a delete button. I've had some interesting thoughts which I've read and are completely normal. Like "what did I do to myself". I don't regret the surgery at all but just sort of like wow this is a permanent change and it is a huge change. It is hard and I didn't think it was going to be easy by any means but it is much harder than I suspected. So I guess things aren't as I thought. I thought I'd have more pain and take longer to recover physically and that didn't turn out to be true. I didn't think the drinking would be easy but I thought I had a good system but that turned out to be false. So what do I know? I do know I need to listen to my body. I do know I need to increase water and protein so I don't get dehyrated. That is all I know at this point.

0 comments:

Post a Comment