Monday, June 13, 2011

The day has arrived...less than 24 hours from now!

Wow, it is hard to believe that the day I’ve been researching for the last 3 years is almost here. In fact in less than 24 hours I will be in surgery and in fact in less than 24 hours I should be done with surgery. I went to the hospital today and my surgery is scheduled for 7:30am tomorrow which means I have to be at the hospital at 5:00am. No fun for a girl who is not a morning person but honestly I was hoping for the very first appointment for many reasons. The main reason is because thinking about it all day would just kill me mentally. Of course it doesn’t hurt that my surgeon will be nice and fresh and ready to go. Let’s hope he gets a good night sleep and that he is a morning person. J

This is really odd for me but I’m not all that nervous. I am definitely not a mess like I thought I would be. I have been praying and think God has finally given me the sign. I have asked for a sign this entire process whether this surgery is something I should do or not. Well I have this gut feeling that God took away the fear from me as a sign so that I would go through with it. I mean I know myself and this is not normal for me to be ok to go into a big surgery tomorrow. I’m actually very excited and so happy that I am not a total and complete mess. It feels like this is my path I am supposed to take and boy is it a good feeling. (I just got goose bumps thinking about it).

I am feeling really good. A little hungry because I can’t eat today… just liquids and I have to have 120 ounces of liquids. I’ve had about 40 ounces so far. I had some vegetable broth which was delicious and will probably be having some jello soon. Of course lots of water as well which I’ve been drinking. I also have to practice on the incentive spirometer 10 times every hour. I’ve already improved already and can tell my lungs are adapting and getting stronger.

I am going to cut this short because I still need to pack for my 4 day stay at the hospital as well as getting some other things done here around the house. Plus I am going to have to go to bed early as I will need to be up around 3am!

All prayers and positive vibes are welcomed. Not sure if I will be nervous tomorrow or not but everything is appreciated. Thank you all for coming along with me on this incredible journey. I will post once I am home from the hospital and feeling better.

Hugs to one and all.

Shanda

1 comments:

Amy said...

Good luck with everything lady!!!! You will do wonderfully! Sending good vibes your way :o)

Post a Comment