Wednesday, August 31, 2011

One day at a time

So it has been a few weeks since I’ve posted an update on my blog. Well the numbers are easy to post. I’ve lost 65 since surgery (10 weeks ago) and 145 total. The numbers are pretty amazing. It doesn’t affect me when I say them but when I type them they seem to be more impressive. I’m still staying humble as I know I still have a long ways to go. I’m just nearing the halfway mark (in about 45 pounds).

How have I felt? Good question. Well it has been up and down for me. I was sick for 3 days and later, after some investigating, came to find out it was caffeine. I got sick and threw up the other nights (veggies) but I think that is due to garlic. So I have to play investigator and see if anything is in common with another time I have gotten sick. I don’t venture too often and try to sick with the same things but I have to be honest, I’m bored with it.

I’ve given up on food. I wish I didn’t have to eat to survive. Alas, I can’t. Nothing really tastes good or even sounds good. When I eat it does nothing for me (other than nourish my body). But that pleasure center in my brain definitely doesn’t get pushed when I eat. I throw up occasionally (usually because something doesn’t agree) but I remind myself I need to learn from it (what not to eat again for awhile). My hormones are going wild. Not only from the surgery but hormones are stored in fat and being I’m losing fat…well the hormones go wild. Especially since I’m losing fat at a pretty fast pace overall. So each day varies. You know that saying take one day at a time… I literally have to do that.

I’m not wanting to sound negative but just being honest. I really hope it doesn’t come across to you as being negative. This isn’t easy. I didn’t think it would be easy as weight loss isn’t easy no matter how you decide to lose weight. But I have to say this is much harder than I anticipated. I think it also has to do with the fact that the surgery is still “recent”. Just because my incisions are healed up and my scars are all good doesn’t mean my insides are healed up or even my head. It is a big adjustment for my head.

I have no regrets though. I am living each day to the best I can. Even when I am not feeling well I still try to push through it knowing I am going to be ok. I remind myself that I did this so that I would live and be able to celebrate life. I can’t even imagine what I would feel like being 145 pounds heavier right now. I think I would just be so miserable and feeling worse than I am now. So I am grateful for the opportunity.

I’m very grateful for those of you that send me emails or messages. It is nice to know I have people out there reading my blogs and supporting me. Sure makes the journey easier.

Feel free to email me at any time. I’m here to help, encourage and inspire. If I can just inspire one person to make a lifestyle change to get healthier than it is all worth it to me!

2 comments:

SunnySusan said...

Hey Shanda

Hang in there....my friends say it does get easier.

MikeO said...

i weigh 544 pounds well 542 now after a week of excercise :D im trying to do what i can naturally i just wanted to give you a thumbs up on your progression hopefully this blog stays updated id hate to see it just stop and me wondering what happened. anyways best of wishes

- mike

Post a Comment