Monday, September 5, 2011

I've made it to the 150+ pounds lost mark! Feeling "free"!

I am feeling free today. I am freed in the fact that I don’t have to worry about over eating. So many people get worried about holidays and what they are going to eat or if they are over eating. To me it is just another day. Another day where I will eat very little and make good choices because really I have no other choice. I am liberated by that. No more thinking oh I shouldn’t have that but maybe a bite of this and oh I will eat that and then eat veggies and then that will cancel that out. As much as this is a struggle there are many positives to having this surgery. This is definitely one of them.

I stepped on the scale this morning and almost cried, alright I did cry. This is a real reason to celebrate. I’ve lost 151 pounds total. Oh My Goodness! It is finally hitting me that I am really doing this. That is a lot of weight. There are many of you reading this that weigh less than 151 pounds. I’ve lost an adult and I’m so proud of myself. This is the biggest accomplishment of my life. Really… that is a huge number. Don’t get me wrong I am still very humble and I know I still have a long road ahead of me. But wow! So today I celebrate life and being freed from the 151 pounds and being freed from food consuming my life. Oh…and let’s not take the glory away from my surgery. I’ve now lost 74 pounds since surgery (12 weeks tomorrow).

I now use food for nutrition only. I don’t think about food like I used to. I don’t crave the things I used to crave (sweets). I crave a big shrimp salad which I can’t have. Although I can have the shrimp but not that salad. At least not yet. I will be able to eat my shrimp salad eventually it just won’t be a BIG shrimp salad. It is amazing knowing how little our bodies do really need. I barely eat anything but yet I am still surviving. All of us shove our bodies with food that isn’t necessary. I watch other people eat now and know that I wasn’t the only one. I see most everyone around me shoving their bodies with “crap”. Stuff they don’t need. Portion sizes that are ridiculous. I used to be one of those people. Have you noticed some people eat “crap” but yet they don’t gain a pound. They either exercise a lot or their body just metabolizes things differently. I know my body if very lethargic in metabolizing food. Hopefully that will change. I have a suspicion that my thyroid nodule really is affecting me more than I thought (prior to surgery). I am sure it is affecting me now too but since I don’t hardly anything of course the weight is coming off. But it will be interesting to see what happens when I do have the thyroid nodule removed.

You know what delicious is. Delicious is a protein shake my husband just made me. It is vanilla protein with ice and some fruit. Blueberries, strawberries and bananas. All very delicious! I worried about the sugar but I’ve had fruit smoothies a few times since surgery and it went down fine. Maybe because it is natural sugar and I’m not eating a whole lot of it. Plus it is “milked down”. I couldn’t say watered down because there is no water (other than ice cubes). There is milk though.

Ok, so remember you don’t need the “crap”. Our bodies are resilient. Remember it is your mind that wants the “crap” not your body. Remember to give your body what it needs so it can perform at its best capacity. Love your body!

Shanda

1 comments:

SunnySusan said...

Wonderful job my friend...and it is so true...your mind wants the junk not your body....

Post a Comment