Sunday, May 15, 2011

Am I really changing?

So today was a good day. The first thing was I worked out for 3 hours. Yes, that is three hours straight in the pool. That is an exhausting workout. The first hour was water yoga which is very good for balance, breathing, stretching and connect the mind, breath and the soul. I love it. Then the next 2 hours was water aerobics. I’d say I did about 90 minutes of cardio and about 30 minutes of weights and minor cardio. What I did do is after the workout I sat on a noodle and then moved my legs like I was riding a bike. I did that about 6 times across the pool. I must say my knee feels amazing right now. I don’t have any pain in it (knock on wood). I can feel some soreness but I can tell I really loosened it up which I think is what I really need. So I will definitely be doing that every time I get in the water.

So I decided to work out so much in order to burn some calories I knew I was going to eat. I used today as my “last supper”. The day where I ate things I won’t be able to eat ever again. Lunch was Del Taco. It used to be one of my favorites and since we don’t have one nearby we rarely eat there. I ordered some of my favorite food and realized nothing tasted good, except their French fries. I remember how I used to just love their food. I ate it waiting for me to feel that “oh this is so good and comforting” but I never got to that point. The French fries were the only exception and I wasn’t THAT in love with them. Then I went to cinnabon. Yes that is my weakness of all weaknesses. Again I don’t live near one so I don’t have them often (thank goodness) but I can say it was something that I did cherish all the way to the very last bite. Then I felt sick. I realized that my body is not used to eating this way anymore and I got physically sick from eating that crap. Just like I will after my surgery. It is definitely a deterrent and not something I want to experience ever again.

It made me feel good that my mind and even my stomach have changed. It no longer recognizes “junk” food as good for me and even gives me physical feedback saying that my body doesn’t like the decision I made. It definitely makes me feel more confident in my decision with the gastric bypass surgery.

Only 4 more weeks and I am getting so anxious. I almost wish I could just get it done and over with because I am so anxious with anticipation. But alas I know it will be here before know it.

I am healthy Shanda!



0 comments:

Post a Comment