Saturday, May 28, 2011

Beating the sickness, 3D video of Roux-en-y Gastric Bypass Surgery

So for the first time in my life I was able to beat getting sick. It started Thursday around 11:00am with a sore throat. It got progressively worse throughout the day. I found some airborne in my drawer and took some. Then my boss swears by cold-eze so I sucked on those. I went to my water aerobics work out and worked myself out really hard. After the workout my husband went to the store and got me some throat lozenges some berry flavored airborne (yummy) and some other stuff I didn't end up using. I took more airborne for dinner along with my vitamins. I went to bed at a reasonable time and got some sleep. I woke up at 2:00am and my throat was hurting very bad and I had that it got the best of me. Then when I woke up Friday to get ready for work my throat hurt but not as bad. I went to work and took airborne 3 times (breakfast, lunch and dinner). I continued with the cold-eze as well as cleaning my desk with Lysol wipes. I "cheated" and had a little bit of chicken noodle soup in addition to my protein shake for lunch but only ate the broth and chicken and left the noodles in the bowl. I didn't eat 1 noodle (proud of myself). I told my husband to let me sleep in on Saturday morning because I know I needed the sleep to beat this. I woke up this morning around 11 with no sore throat and feeling perfectly fine! As a precaution I'm still doing my airborne 3 times today and making sure I get some rest (just took a 3 hour nap). I can tell my body is resilient now between doing my workouts, eating healthy, and taking my vitamins. That is what they wanted for surgery they want me to be able to beat infections and such and I am that more confident about this. I am still in absolute shock that I only have 2 weeks and 3 days. It is coming really fast and wow am I getting nervous. But at the same token I am getting VERY excited. A co-worker of mine who had the surgery 9 years ago, came in my office the other day and we were talking about the thing he looked forward to and I started thinking about the things I look forward to. We had a lot of similar things in our list and he said he can do most of the thing she looked forward to.

Additionally, I weighed myself yesterday and I am where my surgeon wants me to be (and I'm out of the 500's into the 400's). I did weigh naked BUT makes me feel better knowing I still have 2 weeks to lose a few more pounds. Trust me when I go step on that scale I am going to wear very light clothes!

So I've meant to upload this video I found on youtube that really gives you an idea of what is involved with the surgery as far as the re-routing goes. It is not graphic and is a 3D video of what is going to happen on June 14th for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment