Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I got my date!

So I went and met with the new surgeon last night. He was asking me questions like do I lay down in bed when I sleep. Well of course I do. Then he said that they would like to see more weight come off. I told him I’ve lost almost 70 pounds already. He agreed that is a great job and excused himself to go get the weight loss worksheet. When he left the room I looked at my husband and felt defeated. I didn’t know it was going to be about this as I had thought I was already approved. In fact I was certain I was because I could have scheduled my surgery in September. He came back and told me he wants me to lose an additional 15 pounds by my surgery date. He also put me on a strict diet of whey protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and protein (chicken, fish or turkey) for dinner along with veggies or salad. For a snack I get ½ protein bar or carrot sticks. That is it. So I don’t know how I wouldn’t be able to lose with this new plan. He then said he would clear me but I need to have lost 15 pounds by the time they go to weigh me the day before surgery. Ironically I stepped on the scale this morning and I lost 2 pounds since yesterday (I’m going by what my scale at home said yesterday). So that is a good start. So I was told I would get a call within 2 weeks to get a surgery date.

 

This morning I got the call! What a wonderful birthday gift (today is my birthday). So my surgery date is June 14th. WOW! Much sooner than I expected. I was thinking July. I asked if I could get a date in July and was told they can try but can’t promise anything that I should move forward with the June 14th date. I got a call later on stating my surgeon is on vacation in July so they could do August. I’m not waiting so I am doing it in June. Wow, that date is 7 weeks from today. I am so nervous, excited , scared, anxious. It is amazing at all the emotions I am feeling right now. I know these next 7 weeks are going to go by quickly as I have so much to do to get prepared for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment