Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Updates and moving forward

I do have a few updates to share. The first one is in regards to my thyroid. I have been so upset that my appointment isn't until June. I feel like I keep hitting these road blocks and I'm so ready to have the surgery TODAY. I know timing is everything so I am trying to be as patient as possible. But JUNE??? So I called the appointment center and ask if there is a cancellations. The person on the other end of the phone says "Oh San Marcos, they are always booked. Are you willing to go to another location?" I told her of course! So she looked and at another location (which is actually closer to me) there was an available appointment this Friday. I mean why didn't the lady tell me "The other locations there may be sooner availability". So now I know to just so I don't care where just get me a appointment within a reasonable amount of time. So Friday morning I have a consultation. I'm nervous and my awesome husband is going with me mainly for support.

The other update is in regards to the gastric bypass surgery. As you all know the internist put me on hold until I could exercise. I sent that in 2 (almost 3) weeks ago. I even received a call almost 2 weeks ago confirming that they were sending the release over to the surgeon's office. So I call the surgeon the other day to get an update. I wasn't sure if it was pending my thyroid issue or not. I found out they never received the release from the internist. OMG! I was so upset! They said they will get the release and put the file in for final review. I asked if that was the only outstanding item and they confirmed that was it. So I am hoping for a call next week with my surgery date. I am sure I will have the thyroid thing all taken care of before I even have my surgery. I'm guessing my surgery date will me in August or September. We will see.

As for me I am doing ok. I am not getting good sleep. I guess I should wear my cpap mask but I always end up throwing it off in the middle of the night. I have a feeling maybe the nodule in my thyroid is blocking air during the night (being it is so close to my wind pipe). I don't know. I really thought this machine was the answer and I have had no luck (except the one night) with feeling rested. I'm still groggy every morning and don't feel rested no matter how much sleep I get (or don't get). There is no happy medium. Last week I was so exhausted that I did get one good night of deep sleep. I believe that is what I am lacking. That deep sleep.

I'm not complaining though. I do have so many things to be grateful. Over all my health is good considering what I weight at the moment. I'm sort of stuck on the scale though. My weight keeps fluctuating within a pound and I can't seem to continue to lose. I guess it may time to change things up. My body is doing weird things this week too so maybe it is all part of that. Mother Nature has a way of stirring things up. At least I'm not gaining and am still a total of 63 pounds down from where I started. I still would love to be able to have 100 pounds gone by the surgery date. We shall see what happens.

Thank you all again for your support. I really appreciate all the emails and comments!

1 comments:

SunnySusan said...

I am glad you are getting your date for surgery...it will be here soon!!
Just keep keeping on...

Post a Comment