Monday, April 25, 2011

Small Victories

So yesterday was Easter and for some reason Easter is always about food, chocolate bunnies, jelly beans and those peeps. Well I don’t like peeps so I’m good there. I didn’t have any chocolate or jelly beans. In fact I was able to eat like a normal human being. The attitude is it is just another day. Grant it I know it is more than that but as far as my eating is concerned it is just another day. I had 1 piece of chicken, salad and fruit. I also made a delicious fruit dip that is sugar free. If you are interested click on the link to visit the website with the recipe here.  I did indulge in a dessert as my grandmother makes THE BEST cobbler BUT I just ate the fruit from the cobbler and left the crust part on my plate. It was delightful. I won’t be able to eat anything like that after my surgery as it will be way too much sugar for me but to have the fruit and have that last taste was decedent. I ate like a normal human being though. I ate to nourish my body and didn’t eat because it was another holiday and I had to gorge.

 

On a separate note one of the girls in my class is having her surgery today. I can’t help to think about her all morning and have butterflies. She is the first of our group to have the surgery. She was originally scheduled for August but a cancellation came and she took it. I am very excited for her! But it makes it even more real now that it is starting to happen to the people in my class.

 

I am meeting with the surgeon this afternoon. Excited to get this part done and get my surgery date. I am going to ask about when I will get a date. That is pretty much my only question. J Maybe a few others but I feel pretty confident overall in my surgeon and my decision.

 

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter and here is to a good week of healthy choices!


Remember: “The greatest wealth is health.” - Virgil

0 comments:

Post a Comment