Saturday, April 2, 2011

Update on my thyroid nodule, breakfast = epic fail

I got an email from my doctor and he wants me to have a biopsy on my thyroid nodule. The nodule measures 5.8 x 4.6 x 3.7 cm. Definitely not something I am excited about but I do know that it is something I need to do. Hubby offered to go with me which makes me feel better. I am such a baby when it comes to these sorts of things. I really don't know how I came to agree to have gastric bypass surgery but I have. Anyhow the soonest appointment isn't until June which is a disappointment. It is a consultation appointment. I am hoping to call every week in hopes there is a cancellation that I can get in sooner. I just want to get this done and over with. The part of the email my doctor sent that gave me hope that it isn't anything serious is when he put "so far the nodule does not have any suspicious features of concern, but it is a good idea to have this evaluated and checked to make sure it is benign." If interested in reading about at thyroid nodule click here to read about it.

Otherwise I have been doing pretty good. Some days are better than others but that is life. This last week was a high stress week with lots of "drama" happening at work. I noticed I was very tired this week. It may have something to do with the stress. But I was in bed early almost every night (with the exception of the night I couldn't sleep) and then woke up when my alarm went off every morning. So I got a good 8-10 hours of sleep which is what I personally need. I envy those people that only need 5-6 hours of sleep and be fine (my husband being one of them).  Maybe when I lose weight things will change but maybe not. Only time will tell.

I tried making breakfast this morning and it was an epic fail. I was so disappointed. I was looking forward to having healthy pancakes but it just did not work out. I think it was how I mixed the ingredients. Oh well I will try something different next time. Once I get the hang of it I will tell you how it tastes and share the recipe.

Alright I think that is it for now.

1 comments:

Agatha G said...

Porcine thyroid supplements can help with normal performance of the thyroid gland. Remember, it helps in better functioning of thyroid gland by promoting thyroid hormone synthesis.

Post a Comment