Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Stress...

So I have come to the realization that stress, more specifically, stressful situations, really make me want to eat. According to an episode bariatrictv it is a normal response. 

Of course it is something I will always have to fight. I know that stress is a part of life, it makes me feel alive. But sometimes it is a little too much. This afternoon I had a stressful situation at work happen and all I thought about was eating something really bad for me. I really had to fight with myself to be good and I was good but still have an urge to be bad. So now I am just trying to stay "busy". Earlier I was relaxing on the couch and I didn't think about it too much. But it is the time of the night where I crave sweets. So I decided to  come here and write rather than eat. Plus the good news is even if I went to the kitchen I wouldn't find anything really bad since we cleaned out everything. So I am learning to find solace in other things. I took a hot shower (which was relaxing). Now I'm in bed with the good ol' laptop typing my problems away. Much better than shoving my face with food. It is still a work in progress. I am sure there are times I will fail. But the point is to have more progress than failures.

I did go to physical therapy today. The physical therapist is going to work on both knees and upper legs. We worked mostly on my left leg (the one that isn't hurting but WAS my bad knee prior toabout a month or so ago) and it feels pretty good. The right leg we did some work on it I can tell just doing a few stretches has helped. Basically I was given some stretches and some exercises to do twice a day. He (my physical therapist) said everything is really tight which is also causing pain in addition to everything else going on so if we can stretch things out and build some strength I shouldn't be in as much pain. He said it can take about 6-8 weeks to show some improvement so I need to be patient. I will see him again in 2 weeks and we will go from there.

I'm definitely learning how to breathe and that I am grateful for my life and everyone in it. I am working on not letting the stress get to me like it does. Again a work in progress. I think I may go meditate and see how I feel afterwards.

Talk to you again soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment