Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Am I too negative?

That is a question I have been pondering. I think sometimes I play off things like there is nothing wrong and my world is perfect. Lately I feel like everything out of my mouth is negative. I guess just all my aches and pains. But it is my truth. So when people ask “How are you?” are you supposed to not say the truth. I know we are conditioned to do as such. Everything is always “I’m great”. Are we supposed to faked it until we make it or should we be truthful? But it got me thinking am I too negative. I’ve never wanted to be one of those negative people that others can’t stand to be around. So I have trouble with saying how I really feel. I know in my blogs/emails it is a bit easier for me to be open and blunt about things. But this morning a co-workers asks “How are you doing this morning?”. She knew that I have had some intense knee pain. Well my answer was truthful and I said, “My knee is a little bit better but now it is my neck.” When I said that it really started to make me think about me being negative. I mean it wasn’t like woe is me and I was down about it. I did joke about it and maybe that is the difference between a negative person and someone who is just truthful and going through a rough time. Maybe it is how it comes out of our mouth. I’ve been around very negative people and I really don’t want to be around them. I am just hope I am not becoming one of those people myself. So any feedback would be appreciated.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment