Friday, March 25, 2011

Appointments

So yesterday I did fax the internist asking him to release me for surgery. I don’t even know if I am going to get a call or something in the mail from him or what. So that makes me a little frustrated because then how do I know if I should call into my surgeon to follow-up on my surgery date. As it gets closer I get more impatient. I’m almost positive my surgery will be in August/September which seems like forever but I know it will be sooner than I think being that we are almost into April.

 

I called for an appointment for the ultrasound on the nodule on my thyroid today. I felt my throat/thyroid and I definitely do feel a HUGE lump. So I am really scared and my stomach is in knots right now. They had a cancellation and have an appointment tonight at 8:00 which I agreed to take. They said if I don’t take it their next appointment isn’t until May so I just decided to take it because I need to get it taken care of and results sent to my surgeon and doctor. Please pray that it is nothing. I read about it and only 5% of them are cancerous which is a small percentage. But still it is scary. I’m such a wimp with these sorts of things and don’t handle it well. It is still amazing I decided to go through with the surgery and haven’t completely had a meltdown (yet). But I am trying to keep the fear in check (as much as I can).

 

Still trying to figure out the gym thing. We haven’t joined but I know I need to so I can take my water aerobics classes. It just comes down to financially being able to figure it out. I know I am worth it and it is my health so we will find a way. Just a rough month for us financially and next month is going to be even worse (from the projections). Gotta love being on a commission/bonus. At least I do have a salary so it is a little something.

 

Anyhow that is my update for today. Please say your prayers and wish me luck. I need them!

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment