Sunday, March 20, 2011

Holistic Healing

So I’ve always been interested in holistic healing but never really looked much into it. Lately I have really had the urge to learn how to meditate and start being grounded in that way. Just sort of connect with myself and be at peace type of thing. So I am currently taking an online class on the basics of meditation. Well in researching meditation and other holistic concepts tonight I came across something called Chakra. What it is, is there are 7 energy centers in our bodies. The first one is at the tailbone and it is your representation of your connection to Earth, family, and roundedness. Which I have known I am lacking in. A physical imbalance includes knee pain & weight issues (among other problems that I don’t have). So anyhow you can heal the “clogged” energy centers in several ways. There is color therapy, aroma therapy, sound therapy, stone therapy and lifestyle therapy. So this particular one was the first one I read about and I was interested in the sound therapy. So a link I clicked on directed me to a YouTube video. I listened to the sounds and was not what I expected. I almost turned it off but I had realized my knee (which has ached like crazy all day) was feeling better. By the end of it my knee felt better (pain wise). Of course I know better than to think it is going to cure of me of arthritis or tendonitis but it definitely took the pain away. I didn’t go into it thinking it was going to help it just did.  What I listened to is what they call balancing so there are different tones for all of the different energy centers and the sounds will unclog you.  I am probably not doing this any justice in how I am explaining it since I just learned about it today but I suppose sometimes it is hard to believe in something until you experience it for yourself. So anyhow… I’m definitely into it and am hoping that it will at the very least relieve some of my unwanted pain. It can’t hurt to try something… right? The tones weren’t relaxing at first but I’ve listened to it a few times and it has become a bit more relaxing. I took a quiz and my most clogged areas are the one I mentioned and my throat. How ironic I have an nodule on my throat and all the symptoms of the throat clogging I have. Again it may not heal me (or maybe it will) but it can’t hurt to try. I am just leaving my mind totally open about this. I’m definitely on the road to spirituality, meditation and holistic healing.

 

It has been an eye awakening weekend for sure. I’ve learned two huge lessons this weekend. I know things happen for a reason. I am sure this was something I was meant to find because the pain medication wasn’t working and I was having a hard time dealing with the pain today. I’m now feeling very balanced and happy. I even burned some sandalwood smelling incense (good aromatherapy for one of the energy centers) and slightly opened the window and listened to the rain. What a perfect evening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment