Sunday, March 13, 2011

I'm doing it....joining the gym!

Friends and Family and Blogger Followers,
I am so nervous for some reason to join the gym but I am doing it. I have done a lot of research and the YMCA wins (again). As many of you know, I was a member of the Palomar YMCA many years ago when I was doing medifast and lost 115 pounds. This time I will be joining the Rancho Family YMCA but have opted to choose the membership where I get access to all of them because the Magdalena Ecke YMCA facility offers some classes that the Palomar one doesn’t etc. So that I have options I think that is best for me. They are both pretty equal distance from me which works out too. They aren’t THAT close though so I am really going to need to push myself to go. Especially the EARLY morning classes. I am not a morning person so that is going to be a struggle. But I did it once before so I can do it once again. I am going specifically, for now, for the water classes. They have many different classes from water aerobics to water meditation. River is going to do it with me, at least he is joining the gym. Once I get to a place where I can actually exercise more I will be going inside the gym to work on the equipment but for now it is baby steps.

So I think I am mainly nervous because I’m embarrassed at how inflexible and out of shape I am. Not only that but my knee hurts sooooooooooooooo much sometimes I wonder if water will actually make it feel better. I know it will definitely at least let me exercise without my weight bearing down on my joints. The other thing is being self-conscious in a bathing suit. I just went online and purchased some cover-ups but may end up wearing the cover-ups in the pool. I need to find my bathing suit and make sure it still fits (note to self). I know I just need to get over it but it isn’t always that easy.

Again it is all about baby steps and taking one day at a time. In the mean time I am going to go play some wii now to get some of my exercise in. Oh yeah…by the way, I lost 11 pounds for the week and I was able to get through it without eating bread, tortillas, crackers, chips or any bad carbs. I will say it was very hard but I am ok now (I think). I definitely was going through withdrawals and mood swings and a roller coaster of emotions. It still isn’t easy but it is better. We cleaned out our pantry from anything that would be tempting and have vowed to only buy healthy foods. I am so happy River is on this journey with me. He’s doing great himself with a 9 pound weight loss this last week. It is amazing how much weight comes off without eating those horrible carbs! I’m trying to go healthy and leaning towards no processed foods. The processed foods thing is hard too but cutting out bad carbs has really cut a lot of  that out.

I see the doctor on Thursday for my thyroid but also for my knee. I have not gotten much sleep in the last few weeks. In fact last night every time I started to dose off my knee started throbbing and it woke me up. I took ibuprofen but it only takes off the edge the pain is still there. So I basically didn’t get any sleep. When I walk on it , well it feels like my knee is twisted and out of place. It is the most uncomfortable and painful feelings I’ve ever had. Hopefully the doctor will give me something for the pain and also some x-rays to see what is really going on.

For those of you that get this via email please subscribe to my blog. I will eventually probably phase out my emails and turn only to my blogs (I have too many places where I post/email so I need to make it simple for myself). If you can’t (for whatever reason) subscribe to the blog and rather get an email I can add up to 10 people to receive a copy of every blog I write via email so I can add you to the list, just let me know.

Alright… I need to go get my wii on. J

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment