Sunday, March 27, 2011

Update

My ultrasound went ok, I guess. I was expecting the ultrasound technician to tell me something “off the record” but I didn’t get much. I was told “you definitely have a nodule on your right thyroid and not the left and the doctor will be contacting you and you will probably have to have another test most likely a radioactive iodine test.” So I am more anxious than anything. Of course since last night I feel like the nodule has gotten a lot bigger as I can notice it and feel it more than before.  Of course it couldn’t have grown that much overnight but I feel like I have this foreign thing inside the side of my neck and is quite uncomfortable. Once I get a prognosis I will be much better (especially a prognosis such as “it’s nothing”). That is what I am hoping for.

 

My birthday is coming up and although I’m not big on birthdays (never really have been) I have been thinking about how to do my birthday different so it isn’t focused on food. I rather do something I enjoy. So I’m thinking of having some type of birthday playing games. I will serve food (healthy) but it will not be focused on the food. I am going to try out a few cake (and possibly ice cream) recipes from the blog I frequent. The cake is 5 minute cake and does not use white flour (instead multigrain pancake mix – think healthy). Can’t beat that! I’m interested in finding out how good it really is. If it works out I will make a bunch of different flavors for my birthday so I can have my birthday cake. There are some recipes for protein ice cream (where protein powder is used) and if I am feeling really creative a ice cream cake which has always been my favorite (some recipes for that as well). So looking for things I can eat but not focus on those instead focus on the games and laughter and having fun. I just have to coordinate it with children games and adult games or a game both children and adults can play. Suggestions are welcomed.

 

I’m doing well. Today went to a birthday party (my niece) and had meat, cheese, veggies and fruit. No bread (passed up croissants which used to be one of my favorites) and passed up cake and ice cream. Yesterday I passed up cake we had for an employee birthday and all of my staff was so amazed I could pass up cake. Not in a negative way, they just said “Wow I couldn’t do that.” I told them it is all about choices. I choose not to do it because I know the consequences and right now the consequences of eating it is not worth it to me. Plus I’m trying hard to stay away from the flour, bread, etc.. so it is overall best for me anyhow. I don’t really struggle with doing without as long as my mind is in the right place. I always think of the down sides of eating something and it keeps me strong and the temptation goes right out the door.  It is just my own game I have to play with myself. We all have something we do or tell ourselves when making choices to refrain from something.

 

I did get a little too much vitamin D aka “the sun”. Now don’t get me wrong the sun is good for me. Especially me since my vitamin D levels are low (because I’m rarely in the sun). I have usually avoided the sun like the plague only because my skin is so fair and I burn so easily. I’ve gotten blisters one too many times and it is too hard to tell how fried I am until it is too late. Well I was sitting in the sun today and I definitely got sunburn. It doesn’t sting (yet) but it is definitely warm and definitely bright red.

 

I think that is all I have to share for now. See ya.

0 comments:

Post a Comment