Wednesday, March 9, 2011

 

So today is a much better day. I can tell I am going through depression just by my sleeping patterns. I go to bed early and then I can’t get out of bed when my alarm goes off. Definitely a depression thing. Again, I am taking each day one day at a time. I am feeling more positive today though. I did exercise on the bike for 20 minutes yesterday and definitely shocked myself. I didn’t think I would be able to do it for that long. Actually it may have been a little bit longer but whose counting. I do know that I probably over did it as my knee is sore today. I will keep at it though. I wrap my knee tight when I do it and I don’t seem to have much pain while on the bike. It is nice to be able to do something! I will work myself up to 45 minutes by the time I fax the internist. Also doing some weights and going to start (again) on doing the resistance bands. Everything counts and adds up! Also playing some wii in the mix as well. Doing what I can. As of this morning I have lost 9 pounds since Thursday and I am one pound below where I was in January so that makes me happy. I’m hoping to have a total of 100 pounds gone on my own by the time I get on the surgery table. Just a personal goal, not one the surgeon set. The surgeon didn’t say I had to lose anymore he just said not to gain. But I know it is to my benefit to continue losing. Plus it is hard not to lose when you eat good and exercise as per my surgeons diet.

 

One day at a time….

1 comments:

Tracy said...

Hey Shanda,

I have been so hard at this for 2 years now and it definitely is one day at a time. You are doing great and I love you! :)

Post a Comment