Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hubby made a delicious treat

So this morning hubby and I were talking about mixing up our protein shakes by adding other things to make them more interesting. I told him I would get burned out by the same protein shake over and over again. I told him about a blog I found that is a woman who had weight loss surgery and loves to cook and comes up with the most delicious sounding bariatric friendly recipes. I told him that he can eat bariatric friendly stuff that it is just very healthy nothing odd about it. In any event while I was visiting theworldaccordingtoeggface blog, he went in and concocted his own recipe. He brought it to me saying "Remember an orange julius? Taste this". OMG! It tasted like an orange julius. All he did was add some orange juice to my vanilla protein shakes. He said it was "approximately" 4oz orange juice and 12oz non-fat milk and 1 1/2 scoops of IDMS Multi-Pro Whey Vanilla Cream powder and some ice. It was a lot of liquid (I'm usually only doing 8oz total a day). If I were to make it I would make it a smaller shake and use 2 oz juice and 6 oz of milk and 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder. Anyhow I got approximately 45 grams of protein from that shake. YAHOO!

It is time to go clean the house. Wish me luck... my knee is absolutely at its worst. Hubby has offered to help do the things that require a lot of standing (vacuum, mop) and I will try to do most of the cleaning sitting down if I can (dishes, dusting, etc.).

0 comments:

Post a Comment